You can’t use Qoop if you are younger than 13. In most countries, if you are 13 and over, you can allow us to use your data.
However, some European countries require that we ask for your parent’s or guardian’s consent before you are allowed to create an account if you are between 13 and 16 years old.
This is called the “age of consent”, and it means that if you are under a certain age, we need to get a parental consent. The age varies across different European countries depending on where you live.
In the UK, Ireland, Latvia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Poland, Spain or Sweden, we won’t need to ask for extra consent from legal adults.
In Slovakia, Germany, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg or Netherlands, France, and Austria, anyone under 16 must have your parent’s consent to sign up for Qoop.
Steps will be taken to verify consent.
1. Data Collection
We may collect information from you during your use of the Services, including your name, username, password, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, payment information, gender, birth year, and other information you provide or post on our Services or allow us to access when you do certain things, such as:
• Sign up and complete our registration form;
• Create or edit your user profile;
• Login to the Services;
• Submit questions or answer questions;
• Contact our customer support team or use our reporting mechanisms;
• Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
• Participate in voting or polling activities;
• Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, or other products);
• Connect with the Services or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via a social media service; or
• Post user-generated content to or on our Services.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, and about your use of the Services, even if you use the Services as a Guest User. We may collect information such as (a) IP addresses, unique device identifiers (e.g. IDFA or other device IDs on Apple devices like the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch), and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s) browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist us in understanding how our Services are used. Such tools may collect and use your data, after we have depersonalized it, with other Qoop users’ data.
2. Location Data
We may collect general information (e.g. IP address, zip code) about your location, and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information, advertising, and features that need to know your location to work properly. By accessing and using the Services, you consent to this collection and processing of location information. If you choose to turn off location services on your device, some features may not be available to you.
We use location data for some features, including targeting your question to people within a geographic range. We do not disclose your exact location to any other user.
We may collect, process and store:
• We may also obtain information about you if it is contained in user-generated content that other users post to or on our Services. For example, one of your friends could post something about you in a question they ask you, or in an answer they post.
• We may obtain additional information about you from affiliates and may combine that information with information which we collect from or about you and information derived from any other product or service we or our affiliates provide.
The fact that you can post messages without other people knowing who you are is part of what makes Qoop unique and so much fun. It means that you can ask things that you might be too embarrassed or shy to say if anyone knew it was you. People may often be more honest when they are anonymous, whether they’re asking a question anonymously, or answering a question where they don’t know who has asked it. You have the ability to decide whether to ask a question anonymously or on a named basis each time you submit a question to another user. However, this also means that when you receive questions or comments, you may not know who they come from either! Remember, as a Registered User, that even if you ask a question anonymously, our Service will still have a record of the fact that you asked the question (even if we keep this private). If you are a Guest User, we may not know who you are.
4. Information Disclosure
We use the information we receive from and about you for the following purposes:
• To provide the Services including any special features;
• To process and respond to your inquiries;
• To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
• To contact you if you have filed a complaint or report, or if someone has made any claim or report against you;
• To make suggestions to you and other Registered Users, such as suggesting Registered Users’ profiles to follow;
• To notify you about new features of the Services, special events, or products, services, and special offers, or to send you questions of the day;
• To moderate content and to keep the Services safe and secure and address any security issues;
• To generate advertising and promotional materials for our Services;
• To understand and assess the effectiveness of advertisements on the Services;
• To process payment for virtual goods that may be available from time to time;
• To administer sweepstakes and contests;
• To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns;
• To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services;
• To improve the content and features of the Services;
• To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services;
• To safeguard Qoop and others’ rights or property;
• To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, involving potential threats to the physical safety of a person, prevention of fraud, and violations of our Terms of Service; and
• To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
5. Data Privacy
If you are a Registered User, anyone who uses the Services is able to see your username and any information posted on your profile, including photos. You cannot delete posted questions and answers on your profile so think carefully about what you post and make each question count. you should be careful to only include information in your profile, including any questions and answers, that you would not mind making public.
6. Third Parties
• To assist in providing the Services;
• To provide you with services or products that you have requested;
• With companies that perform services on our behalf (including both third parties and our affiliates), such as advertising providers, advertising networks/advertising exchanges, payment processors, providers of technical infrastructure (such as servers) or engineering or other support, order fulfillment companies, moderation companies, technical services and features developers, research and analytical companies, and e-mail service providers;
• With our affiliates for the collective benefit of our affiliates’ businesses and for operational purposes;
• In order to respond to the claims of violation of the rights of third parties and/or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Qoop, our employees, Registered and Guest Users, or the public. This may involve the sharing of your information with law enforcement, government agencies, courts, and/or other organizations;
• As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets;
• We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to share it by law.
• We or third parties we use may analyze your questions and answers for research purposes. When we use a third party to do this, we do not share any personal information with that party, we only provide anonymized questions and answer content and other non-personalized statistical data for analysis purposes.
• For Users in Europe: Profiling means we analyze your information and content (like your interests) so that we can tailor our advertising to you and what you’d like to see. Since the law changed in Europe in May 2018, we now need to ask your consent before we profile your information. If you continue to use Qoop, you are giving us permission to profile your information.
7. Data ownership
All information posted on Qoop is owned by the user.
8. Information Storage Duration
We keep your information and store it safely as long as you are using the Services. After you close your account we still keep some or all of your information for up to 9 months. It is important that we retain your data for this short period after cancellation to ensure that we can answer any payment or other account related queries, or provide information to third parties in line with our disclosure provisions outlined in this policy, e.g., assisting police investigations. Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may still be viewable and/or accessed on the Internet to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, or copied or stored by other users or to the extent such information has been shared with search engines. We cannot control this, nor do we accept any liability for this. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your personal information, they may retain such information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies. We also keep a record of some of your information like you IP address or e-mail address if you’ve broken the rules and we’ve added you to our block list: this helps to keep everyone safe on the Services.
9. Information Protection
10. California Users
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org